Candy Crush Saga is a puzzle video game released by King on April 12, 2012 for Facebook, and later on November 14, 2012 for iOS, Android, Windows and other operating systems. It is inspired from their browser game Candy Crush which is basically a match-three puzzle.
- The idea here is to form diverse “special candies” by combining 4 or 5 matching ones in a specific formation.
- The outcome of the formation can have different results such as a “Striped” candy (which clears either an entire column or an entire row), a “Wrapped” candy (which blasts like a bomb; destroying the 8 surrounding candies, falling, and exploding once again), or a “Color Bomb” (which explodes all similar color candies of the one it is matched with).
- There are also some special candies which can be matched together, producing different effects; such as, matching a striped candy with a color bomb turns all of the candies of its color into striped candies, which are immediately exploded.
- The player has to collect sugar drops to advance on the sugar track for special gifts and surprises!
- Different candy graphics that will leave you addicted towards the game
- Unlock different environments and meet the sweetest characters
- Use magical boosters to help with challenging levels which are provided after completion of an environment
- Easy, intuitive and fun to play, great challenge to master
- Kind of a never ending journey as hundreds of sweet levels present in the Candy Kingdom – and more added every 2 weeks!
WHAT CRITICS SAY?
- According to well-known review website Metacritic, the game got an average review score of 79/100, indicating that most of the users are loving it.
- Ellie Gibson of Eurogamer described Candy Crush Saga as 2013’s “Game of the Year”.
- Candy Crush Saga was downloaded more than ten million times till in December 2012.
- In July 2013, it was estimated that Candy Crush Saga had about 6.7 million active users which made their creators earn revenue of $633,000 per day from iOS App Store’s US section alone.
- Until November 2013, the game was installed more 500 million times across iOS, Android devices and Facebook.
- Candy Crush Saga was the most downloaded iOS app for 2013 as per Business Insider.
As Candy Crush Saga contains in-app purchases, players in 2014 spent over $1.33 billion on them which was a still a decline from the previous year because players spent over $1.04 billion in the second half of 2013.